Saturday, March 10, 2007

Holy Metal Batman!

In case you don't know, the surgeons will band my jaws shut using either wire ties or strong rubber bands. They'll do this with the help of "surgical hooks."

Yesterday I went to the Orthodontist to have the surgical hooks installed on my archwires. I had this idea that I'd get a couple of them on each side of the upper and lower jaws ... maybe eight in total.

Boy was I wrong!

I've got 18 of those things (nine on top and nine on the bottom) ... basically, one in the middle of each of the brackets. The good thing is that, at lease so far, they aren't bothering me in the slightest. Not even when I eat - a very nice surprise. In fact, my mouth doesn't feel any different at all with these things installed.

I did manage to get my shirt caught on the upper surgical hooks (don't ask me how). Had to go get a mirror to get it loose.

Yeah, I'm talented like that.

No comments: